Base Training and Technical Support Engineer
Reports To: The Training and Technical Support Engineer will report to Technical Support Manager
BTTSE Job Description
We are looking for a well-organized Technical Support Engineer with strong leadership skills to join our growing team. The Technical Support Engineer’s responsibilities include managing different parts of construction projects, supervising crew members, preparing estimates for time and material costs, completing quality assurance, observing health and safety standards, and compiling reports for different stakeholders. You should be able to work alongside various professionals and create work schedules that meet deadlines.
To be successful as a Technical Support Engineer, you should demonstrate strong analytical and logical thinking skills. Outstanding candidates should display a superb work ethic and thrive under pressure.
- Implementing/ executing project management schedule on time and communicating any adjustments to crew members and clients/partners.
- Monitoring and securing the execution of Implementing Partners (IP) on the application of Cement Bamboo Framed Technology (CBFT) based on Base standards and specifications and providing feedback to the team.
- Preparing and assessing Bill of Materials (for both CBFT houses and temporary facilities) and diagnosing and troubleshooting equipment as required.
- Managing Base controlled/funded projects in terms of manpower, materials, and procurement/logistics and ensuring sites are safe and clean.
- Providing/reporting weekly/monthly progress reports to Technical Support Manager and delivering presentations to relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinating with partners for what are the contents of training to be done.
- Coordinating and assisting on preparation of training plans and materials with Technical Support Manager, what courses to teach onsite (when and how to happen).
- Implementing CBFT training courses and conducting re-training as needed.
- Constructing all necessary temporary facilities prior to project/house construction.
- Assisting/facilitating on the requirements of building permits with partner(s), and also for occupancy permits
- Conducting or attending regular meetings with partners on project progress, new updates, issues/concerns and other technical matters.
- Assisting on the materials testing as needed (such CHB test, rebars, etc.)
- Assisting on the delivery of treated poles and other major materials on site
- Executing tools inventory reports (using ITrack apps) and for facilitating tools for repair.
- Conducting punch listing with partners technical personnel.
- Providing project end inventory reports (on materials, tools and Base assets)
- Providing training on partners/beneficiaries on how to take care and maintenance of their houses.
- Conducting site research on construction cost (through productivity rate data gathering)
- Implementing the research proposal on the site and prepare cost analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction or similar.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Additional certificates or licenses may be required.
- Sound knowledge of Engineering, construction, and design.
- Great leadership and organizational skills.
- Superb project management skills.
- Ability to apply logical and critical thinking skills to projects.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- A willingness to learn.
- Reparably knowledgeable on MS project, AutoCAD 2D/3D and power point presentation